Carrot Kosambari / Carrot Moong Dal Salad is the most popular salad in Karnataka especially in Udupi cuisine. We prepare this specially for Ugadi. It is a combination of soaked lentils and veggies. Mostly Carrot or Cucumber Kosambari is served as a part of the meals at marriages, festivals or even offered as prasadam in temples. Do try this healthy salad which is cool and refreshing for summer. I've added an innovative twist to this traditional recipe .
- 2 tbsp moong dal
- 1 grated carrots
- Salt to taste
- Wingreens Classic Hummus spread
- 1/2 tsp green chilli chopped
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 small lemon
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
Soak moong dal in water for an hour, drain the water and add it to a mixing bowl.
Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Tempering: heat oil and crackle mustard seeds. Add the tempering to the salad.
- Finally, add the Wingreens Classic Hummus spread and give it a good stir to add a twist to the traditional Kosambari giving it a unique flavour and taste.
- Mix well and serve fresh!